Here are the eligibility requirements in brief for IBPS PO 2018 including an age limit for eligibility, eligibility percentage, educational qualification and educational eligibility criteria. Take a quick look to find out if you pass the eligibility criteria:
IBPS PO Age Limit
- The age limit of minimum 20 years and maximum 30 years old as on 01/08/2018 is the eligibility for IBPS PO exam.
- This means candidates who are born earlier than 02/08/1988 or later than 01/08/1998 do not pass the eligibility criteria to apply for IBPS PO 2018 (subject to age relaxation). Both these dates are inclusive for age calculation.
- Candidates appearing for IBPS PO may seek age relaxation based on following –
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|People who ordinarily domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|People affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment||5 years|
|Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
- Candidates who request relaxation in age limit to pass the eligibility will have to produce relevant certificates in original as well as Xerox when called for Interview or at any stage of recruitment as required by IBPS.
Educational Requirements for IBPS PO
- IBPS PO Degree requirement: As on 04.09.2018, the candidate must possess graduation degree in any discipline/stream from a Government of India recognized university or he/she must have any equivalent qualification, recognized by the Central Government to appear in IBPS PO 2018.
- IBPS PO Educational Qualification: A valid mark sheet or degree certificate must be present with the student certifying that he/she is a graduate as on the day prescribed by IBPS. The date mentioned on the mark sheet/provisional certificate, issued by the University will be considered as the date of passing the eligibility examination.
The final result of the candidates should have been declared on or before 04/09/2018. Students will have to submit relevant documents, certifying the declaration of result on or before 04/09/2018 at the time of Interview.
- IBPS PO Educational Eligibility Criteria: If any university provides a web-based certificate or the result is posted online then the candidate will be required to submit relevant original document or certificate signed by an appropriate college/ university authority, clearly mentioning the date of passing from the Institute, and will have to be presented at the time of interview, otherwise the eligibility criteria will not be met.
- IBPS PO Eligibility Percentage: In case any university/college awards CGPA/OGPA, the candidates are required to convert it into a percentage (nearest to 2 decimal places) and mention it in the application form. Percentage fraction in scores will be ignored, i.e. if a student has secured 59.99% marks, it will be treated as less than 60%.
Tags: IBPS PO 2018 exam dates,IBPS PO 2018 Apply Online, IBPS PO 2018 application download pdf, syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility (age limit, education), salary, last year cut off marks, previous year papers, notification PDF, & free mock test for IBPS PO exam preparation.